In this area
- Executive summary
- Goal of question development report
- Research and development schedule
- Research that resulted in the 2018 White Paper suggestions and final suggested question for Census 2021
- Concern suitable for Census 2021
- Annex 1 Census commitments made on the subject of sexual orientation
- Annex 2 Overview of research undertaken for the intimate orientation subject, 2016 to 2020
- Annex 3 Concern assessment
- Annex 4 Definitions and terms
1. Executive summary
In December 2018, the us government provided to Parliament a White Paper, Help Shape our Future The 2021 Census of Population and Housing in England and Wales (PDF, 967KB). This outlined the workplace for National Statistics’s (ONS’s) proposition to gather informative data on intimate orientation in Census 2021 to fulfill the wants for better quality information for equality monitoring.
ONS research and assessment revealed a need that is clear info on intimate orientation, to aid focus on policy development and solution supply and also to enable neighborh d authorities to satisfy and monitor their demands beneath the Equality Act 2010.